Sunday, January 8, 2012

Quick Thought: Christina Aguilera And Her Body Image

I don't usually look at my home page when I get on the Internet, but I'm glad I did for once.

When I start Firefox on my computer, my home page is MSN.  I don't usually think to check even the main headlines, let alone the ones under the various sections.  I don't know what was different about this evening, but I happened to notice an article in the Entertainment subsection.

The first article there was about Christina Aguilera, with a headline that contained the phrase "I love my body."  Here's a link to the WonderWall article in question if anyone's curious.  The main article is about how people are giving her crap about her weight again.  The more cynical capper-MSTie side of me, who's also something of a big guy, can only look at the article and wonder why the article anyway.  After all, Aguilera is a female celebrity in a culture that puts too much emphasis on that sort of thing than it really should.

At the same time, though, the article has Aguilera saying she's OK with the criticism she's getting, and actually kind of likes the way she looks.  Between those comments and the accompanying pics, I'd have to say that Aguilera's what one would call a MILF in my book.  Here's an example of one of the pics from the MSN story:






Miss Aguilera, you love your body and so do I!

No comments:

Post a Comment