Sunday, January 26, 2020

The Old Flatbed Scanner


I wonder if the one I've got still works, and if it'll work on my current computer?

I'm sure it's something I've tried once before, but that's been awhile ago now, so I don't remember what the end result was. I get a sense it wasn't exactly a positive thing, as I've been using a scanner app on my phone for digitizing my half-assed attempts at art for awhile now, but even that's not working out so well any more. I'm sure that's at least partly because my phone isn't exactly the most current model at this point. Worse yet, I'm not really in much a position to remedy that at present, either. At least I can still use it to text and make phone calls.

I'll have to make a little time to see about getting the scanner hooked up to my computer to see if there are even drivers for the thing any more, or if it even works at this point. I guess I know what I'd do with it if it doesn't work for some reason, or at least I have an idea. I'm not sure if any of my local second-hand stores take things like this. If they don't, I think Best Buy's tech recycling program is still an option, but I'll look that up when the time comes. If not, I think the city and/or county where I live might have a program for this sort of thing too.

All that's going to be for another time, though. I've got a few other things I need to get taken care of first. Once those are done, I'll get to the scanner and art stuff, since that's all secondary stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment