Friday, August 26, 2011

Junk and Stuff in my Apartment #1


Every now and then, I'll get it into my head to write about the junk and stuff in my apartment. Tonight, it occurred to me to make a series out of it, so here we go.

So, yeah, I've got a lot of just random junk and stuff in my apartment. One common thing is plastic drinking cups and other such beverage-containing utensils from places I've been and things I've done. Right now, I'm drinking coffee out of an old jelly jar that was sold with a handle on the side so it could be used specifically for the purpose.

Every now and then, somebody will ask me about the ones with various logos and stuff on them. It's not that I particularly want or need plastic cups. I'm just like everybody else in that I can go to just about any store around, and there are a few within easy walking distance from where I live, and get packs of at least twenty of most of those sizes for around the same price as I paid for any of the drinks I got in the ones I'm using now.

As for the logos, well, they aren't ones I'm particularly fond of. They just happened to be what's printed on something I'm trying to use until I can't any more. I'm not really a fan of the gas station I haven't been to in a couple years now, and while I do have some pride in my job, I'm not so proud of it that I want to fill my house with reminders of it. Once I can no longer use the materials with those logos, they may be gone for good.

One very good reason for that is that if I want something with a logo on it, I can make my own, or better yet, use one of the handful that others have made for me just for doing the things I do. They'd be better fits, and certainly not terribly much more expensive than the single pieces of other peoples' logos that I've already got.

As I've mentioned, I generally start thinking about these things when somebody asks why I've got essentially junk in my apartment. In this case, though, it comes because I'm remembering an embarassingly half-heard conversation with a coworker about websites and some such thing. I'm sorry to say that I'm not entirely sure quite where she was headed with what she was telling me because I was just as focused on other matters at the time.

But if she was looking for help with work on a site or two, I do know people that might be able to help in one capacity or another, and some might even be looking for work right now.

Gotta admit, this was kind of a weird entry to write, and I'm sure it's no less strange to read, but there you go, I suppose.

I just hope the rest of the series, if something comes of it, makes a little more sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment