Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Things in the Queue

I've got things in progress, but nothing really ready to post just yet.

There are quite a few things I'd like to get done, and as always, the sooner the better. That's always the plan, of course, but it doesn't always work out that way.

I had intended to do my Tuesday night web show like I do most Tuesdays, but it didn't work out this week because I'm not feeling so great. As a result, I probably should have been in bed a minimum of an hour before I started writing this, but I find that sometimes, taking the time to write something, anything, really, helps me get to sleep better than anything else.

So, what's going on here in the land of JMShearer? The biggest thing is that I'm considering getting a new computer, primarily because the one I'm working on now is a minimum of seven years old now, and I've spent quite a lot of time on it in those seven years. As a result, it's really beginning to show the wear and tear that happens with that much use.

Another reason is that there have been a few video games, especially in the last two or three years, that have come out for Internet-based platforms, if not the PC specifically, that I've been kind of interested in but unable to play because I don't have anything with the requirements to play them. The most recent example of this is a game called Undertale, which is an RPG that I've heard can be beaten without killing any of your enemies along the way. I'd kind of like to try that for myself, and really, it's hard and kind of weird trying to write fan fiction or something like it for a game that I've never played and may not be able to with things as they are at present.

In that regard, one thing I did notice when I was in my local Best Buy the other day is that the unit I'm on right now cost the better part of $1000 back when I bought it in 2008 or 2009, and the sales person who showed me what was available showed me a markedly better unit that was going for somewhere around $300 or $400.

Something I'm also considering is that I have car stuff I should probably spend my money on first, as I'm pretty sure I need a working vehicle a little more than I need a new computer. I just need to figure out how I'm going to get the car stuff taken care of because I suspect it'll mean my being without one for a couple days if I really want to be sure things are taken care of.

The good news is that this is not as much for lack of money as it was not so long ago. It's more a matter of setting aside the time to make these things happen that's the problem, because I think that may be running out.

For now, though, I think I'd better get myself some sleep so I can be well enough rested to figure the rest of this stuff out. Have a good night, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment