Friday, September 11, 2020

TEXT PLAY: Final Fantasy IX (PlayStation, 2000, Square-Enix): Issue #060: Grinding Zidane

 Legends of Chocobos!


Yeah, I'm still at this, but I'm starting to remember why I've never managed to finish any of these PS1 era games. Seems like there's a million and one things that at least can be done. Not sure if they need to be done, mind you, but the content's there. It's like the skill system in this game. I'm getting late in the game, and I still need to get most of Amarant's abilites. That's in part because I've kind of been neglecting him for most of the time I've had him, and he was kind of a late addition to the party.


Thing is, getting all thes skills and abilities is going to take time to get them. I'm sure they'll be useful and worth taking the time to get them, but it's going to take a lot of time to get them, right near the end of the game. And this is just with the stuff I have, too. There's new stuff at the synth shops, as well, and there's learning all of that, as well.


On top of that, I finally stumbled across a Chocobo Forrest while I was running around in the Lindblum area. This game's like most others in the series in that there are multiple forrests to be found, and they all have a minigame called Chocobo Hot and Cold, in which we can find various and sundry items of varying value, depending on how deep they're buried and dig them up. I may have mentioned this early on in the game, but that's been 60 issues ago now. I haven't exactly gone out of my way to avoid it, but it hasn't been a priority either. I'm sure there's some worthwhile stuff to be found or won somehow, but I'm not sure I want to put the time and effort into getting it. After all, there's one item, called the Robe of Lords, that we can get, but we need some crazy amount of points from digging stuff up to get it.


Plus, I've got a chocobo now, and I'm not entirely sure what to do with it. I can't just leave it in the forrest, I can't seem to find anyplace else to put it, and I'm not sure if I lose it eventually. It'd be nice if I could figure this out, but I'm not sure I want to put the time into that, with all the other things I kinda want to do before I finish the game.


That's what's been holding me back on all of this, really. I'm trying to figure out if I really want to put the effort into grinding up all the skills and ablities I still need to do or if I just want to get on with the storyline and finish the game. I'll be away from all of this for a few days coming up soon, and it's one thing I'll be considering while I'm away. I'll try to get back to this sooner than it took me to get here, and I hope I'll have a decision by then.


Untill then, though, stay safe, have fun, keep gaming, and DFTBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment