Monday, March 25, 2024

Final Fantasy Tonight: March 24, 2024

I was making some decent progress on the gaming front ten days ago.


I'm not sure what happened to change that, but I haven't been at it as much since then. I'd like to get back to it a little more, so I can finally finish Final Fantasy 9 after all these years.


The one bit of good news is that I at least have some idea of what the next game I at least attempt to do will be. Right now, I'm pretty sure it'll be Final Fantasy 7, since it's the only one of the ones I've got that I haven't done yet. Plus, there are a few streamers I like who have been playing the remake series and I've been enjoying it enough that I'd like to have another go at the original.


That's still a ways off, of course, because I still have to finish 9, and I'm probably going to take at least a short break after.


There are a few things I'll be considering during that break. I've had the computer I'm writing this on since not long after Windows 10 came out, if I remember correctly, so it's about time to replace it. If I'm going to do that any time soon, I should probably consider what I want to do going forward. I've been writing for years, since elementary school anyway, and I'll almost certainly continue with that. Even low-end systems these days are more than sufficient for that task. Thing is, I've been doing more and more video stuff than I thought I'd be doing even when I got the system I've got now. If I'm going to get more into that sort of thing, I'm going to have to upgrade to something a little more capable of that, and I'm not sure how much that would cost or how much I'd be willing to spend, simply because I'd have to upgrade my camera, as well.


There's also the matter of capturing games and such for doing recorded Let's Plays, if not full-on streams. It seems like streaming stuff has been more and more the way to go in the eight or ten years since I gave it up myself, and lately, I've been giving some thought to going back to it. There again, of course, I'd need better equipment than what I've got.


But all that's a consideration for another time. I have a few things I'd like to finish before I do that, so it may be awhile. I'm hoping it won't be too long, but we'll see.


At any rate, I'm going to wrap this up here and get on with other things. I'll see you soon with some of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment