Monday, April 4, 2011

A Life Off The Computer

Yeah, I know, I'm an awful person.

All the same, I have a life that doesn't involve being on the computer, and specifically the internet, all the time.

What makes it frustrating is that I'm in a few email groups that have a few people in them that seem to be online all the time. There's nothing wrong with that, really. I just begin to wonder why I'm in some of them when I know that I'm going to come home from work to an inbox full of cute cat pictures that I can see better other places, stories that I don't necessarily have time to read, and other such things.

Don't get me wrong. It's not like I don't care. I do. That's why I'm in some of these groups. I just don't necessarily need updates every fifteen minutes all day.

And then there are the webcasts. Sorry, but I can't always be there live, much as I might want to be. And why is it that it's me, specifically, who gets to start doing a broadcast when other hosts go do things? I'm using technology, equipment, and services that are relatively commonplace these days, at price points accessible to just about anyone.

But anyway, I get frustrated by all the stuff that goes on in my own online life. I guess it's not just teenagers that get anxiety from this kind of thing. Kinda bites, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment