Thursday, February 21, 2013

Almost Done With Snow

At least for another eight months or so.

Well, OK, technically March is the snowiest month of the year where I live, but it's easy to forget about it and just muscle through at this point, because March is also the month they start putting all the spring and summer stuff out in the stores, too. A lot of the stuff I like doing happens in the summer.

I can go fishing without getting cold. As much fun as I may have fishing from a boat, I'm more a fan of the easy way, and fishing from shore or a dock is easier, even if I can't always get to where the fish are. That's OK, too, of course. Not catching fish also means not cleaning fish, and a lot of the time, I'm fine either way.

I also like to camp and have bonfires to cook things over. I haven't done much of the camping part in a couple years, but that's more my fault. I've been a little busy with other things lately. And this year might be off to a slow start, too, but that's a story I'll tell later, if and when I can.

One thing I know for sure I'll do is grow a few vegetables in the planters I keep outside my front door. And I'll probably be helping my dad with his much larger garden more this year, too. But that ties into that other story I'll have to save for later. I have carrots and radishes I like to grow from seeds, and if I do it right this year, I might even get a bell pepper or two and maybe some hot peppers as well. Depending, of course, on if I can figure out what dug up and ate the seeds last year. And if I can keep my smaller pot from getting blown away in the wind again.

But for now, we've gotta get through March, which, as I've said, is the snowiest month of the year. But that should be no problem, right? I can get through another four weeks or so of this:


Right...?

No comments:

Post a Comment