Monday, January 30, 2017

Early Morning Musings: First of the New Year

So, here I am, a little after 2 AM on January 30, 2017. Probably should have been in bed at least a half hour before I started this, but here I am.

It's a funny thing, this. One of the bigger dreams, if not goals, I've had in life is to be a writer of some sort, professional if possible, but otherwise if not. In a way, I suppose I've achieved a little bit of both. Hardly to the extent I'd like, mind you, but that I've made it as far as I have with this, especially, and the video stuff I do on occasion is still kind of impressive, especially for a guy like me.

Part of my problem is that I'm having trouble managing my time properly to get this done in an acceptable manner and still get a decent amount of sleep. Sure, there's the expression about hustling while the world sleeps that I'm pretty sure I've been hearing at least since I started my associate's degree in the mid 2000s, but things are still getting a little out of hand here, and I know for a fact that my health is suffering for it. Needless to say, this is not a good thing, and I need to get it remedied somehow.

Aside from my health, one thing that's being affected by all of this is my output. It's been going down fairly consistently since 2012. Granted, there wasn't much way I could have kept up with that almost daily rate. I'm sure I could have, of course, but making worthwhile content isn't exactly the easiest thing for folks like me. I've got jobs to go to, plus all the other fun stuff that comes with being an adult. And even when I've got spare moments from all of that, I don't necessarily want to spent them all playing video games or banging away at my keyboard. So, yeah, my output's getting kind of low, and I'm not exactly happy with that.

Another thing I'm not exactly happy with is that my apartment is more of a mess than I'd like, which is something I go into in a little more detail in an upcoming Final Fantasy This Morning post. I'll have to fix that, but it's an issue for another time.

But what got me to thinking about all this is that there are a couple folks I follow over at County Line Gaming that I haven't heard from in a while and am a little more worried about than maybe I should be. One is GalufBlackMage, who seems to have put out an update video recently and I seem to have missed. The good news is he's still around, at least. I'd like to take a moment to wish him well and a speedy recovery with the health issues he's facing.

The other is ApplegodZMG, whom I've also got limited info on. From what I do understand, though, he's more or less in a similar situation to my own, in that we've each only got the one of us, more or less, to deal with most of the real life adult stuff in our lives, and it's gotta take priority over the vidja game and Internet stuff we do.

The thing I noticed that was the prompt for this was that I've been one of the more active posters in the forums, especially since the first of the year. I keep bringing up that real life stuff because I know it's an issue for everybody, and that I'm not unique in this. I'm mostly writing now because I'm concerned about a group of people that I hold in high regard and would like to call friends, as it seems like it's been awhile since I've heard from a lot of them.

For as bleak as everything looks right now, I'd like to think that 2017, at least, will turn out to actually be a halfway decent year for all of us. Things don't look good, but I'm not especially inclined to say that it's entirely hopeless, either, and maybe seeing things keeping on with the keeping on will help keep spirits up.


Here's to keeping things going forward, for better or worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment