Monday, January 30, 2017

Final Fantasy This Morning: January 30, 2017: Secondary Text Play?

It's something I've been considering for awhile now.

As I think back on it, doing the Origins version of the original Final Fantasy while I was working on Legend of Mana is probably what helped me get through both games, ultimately. Having one to help me take my mind off the other really seemed to help.

The idea is something that's worked out at least somewhat well for several recent games I've done here, even if it didn't help me finish the main game any better.

I'm bringing it up because I seem to be stalling out on Final Fantasy IX, and I'd rather that not happen, at least not just yet, anyway. With all this in mind, my thought is that having a side Text Play going on right now to help break things up a bit might be a good idea.

The biggest downside right now is that I'm not entirely sure of which game I'd like to do for the side game this time around. One I'm giving serious consideration to right now is Breath of Fire III, but that's mostly because I happen to have the disk handy at the moment. There are other titles I think I'd rather go for first, but I'm not sure if I can still find them in my collection right now. If not, it'll at least give me an excuse to clean my living room for a change.

The other titles I think I might go for first, if I can find them, include the original Breath of Fire game, which is the very first game I tried to do this Text Play thing with and just abandoned for reasons I can't recall, if I had any; Lufia and the Fortress of Doom, because I've come within spitting distance of finishing twice, most recently in the TP where my save wound up getting borked just before I went into the final dungeon; Secret of Evermore, simply because it's a game I think deserves a little more attention than it seems to be getting; and Secret of Mana, just to switch things up a bit and have the Mana game be the side title while the Final Fantasy one is the main game.

But like I mentioned above, I'll have to see what I can find easily. Ops is kind of a mess right now, on account of I haven't been keeping up on cleaning the way I should have been, and I kind of need to correct that before too long.

So, anyway, I'm sure I'll have updates on this, and a few other things, as well, before too long.


See you soon, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment