Monday, December 2, 2013

Running A Bit Short

Things are changing for me again, and it may not be in a good way.

There have been whispers of reduced hours at my day job. Based on what I've seen of next week's work schedule, it may take effect then. From what I understand, everybody on regular staff will be getting 30 hours or less. That will certainly make things more difficult around my place, especially if things stay this way for more than a few weeks.

I may know what I'm going to do with my extra time this week. I do have a fair amount of things for the various sites I post things to that I need to get caught up on. Thing is, though, I don't have anything after all that's done, and regardless, I'll likely not get paid for any of it either way. Even though I'm not hurting for money as I write this, a long-term reduction in time on the clock will not help the situation.

One thing I've been meaning to do for the last year, since my AdSense was suspended, has been to find a way to turn my blogging back into a potential source of income. Perhaps now would be a good time to finally start getting serious about that again.

As to what the future may hold and what I'll be doing, I'm not entirely sure, but I do know that for the time being, anyway, I'm in something of a tight spot. How I'll go about remedying this situation, I'm not entirely sure, but I may need to find something quickly, and I'm not entirely sure where to look.

No comments:

Post a Comment