Tuesday, December 31, 2013

TEXT PLAY: Lufia and the Fortress of Doom (Taito, SNES 1993): Issue #38: Fantastic!

This is pretty much a first attempt on the end of the game, and I can tell you it just went fantastic!

I knew this was going to be a long dungeon going in, but these things usually are. As I said when I first started this, I've made it this far before. Well, a little farther, actually. To the boss at the top of Glasdar Tower, actually. But that's been fifteen years, give or take a few, because I was still working on my bachelors degree at the time.

It took me awhile to figure it out then, and it took me awhile to figure it out this time, too. But at least I'm pretty sure of how to get there and most of the way to the top. It was a fun hour and a half or so worth of play time, and I got a few decent levels out of it.

It's a bit of a trick to find one's way around in this tower, but as I've noted above, I've done it before, albeit a long time ago, and I've just refreshed my memory a bit. The thing that held me back this time almost certainly took me awhile to figure out last time I made it to this point in the game, as well. On the last floor before the boss, there's a line of switches that open various paths in the tower. I think I just need to hit the middle one to get to the boss, but after the time I put in goofing around combined with the fact that I've got other things I needed to do tonight, that's something that will just have to wait until next time, which I think will be about actually finishing the tower and its boss.

Until then, see you in issue #39: Well...

No comments:

Post a Comment