I’ve been meaning to get to something like this for longer than one might think, and I still think it’s something I’ll wind up regretting.
At the same time, I suspect I probably would have regretted not doing it just as much, so either way, no winning. Probably for the best that I decided to regret the thing I did rather than the thing I didn’t.
But anyway, I figured I’d have another go at doing an audio-only thing, since it had been awhile since I’d done something like it. I’d had this idea around the first of the year and only just now got to it, but that’s been so many of my ideas. On the back burner for ages before I get to them.
With that in mind, here’s the link to the episode on SoundCloud, before I forget.
Turns out, I got the title of the episode of Enterprise wrong in my own episode here, but I was going from memory. The actual episode title is Regeneration. Not sure how important that is, but I figured I may as well get the correction out there.
As I was saying in the episode, I originally used the term in an article I wrote in perhaps 2008 or 2009, back when a website called That Guy With The Glasses had a community blog section where I was doing a series called Looking Back. The specific entry was about a show I enjoyed in college called Mummies Alive! It started off strong but really dropped off by the end of its one season because it seemed to lose the plot. I still rather enjoyed it for a lot of reasons that I might get into if I ever get around to revisiting that article. I’ve even been known to reference it on occasion, when the need arises.
The Trek reviewer I mentioned is someone that I’ve mentioned here before: Unlimited Lives. I’ve enjoyed his work for almost as long as he’s been doing reviews. I don’t know if any of this will be of any use or interest to him, but I figure getting it out as far ahead of that particular episode’s review as I can might be smart either way, since he’s on season two of Enterprise now.
And since that’s all the more I can think to say about this episode of Talkie Time, I’m going to wrap it up with a random shoutout for a Twitch streamer I rather enjoy called Many Sharp Teeth. She started off as a horror game streamer, and I think she still does a fair amount of that, but does more variety now. She’s also doing a partner push right now, I believe, so any views would be appreciated.
With that, I’ll see you next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment