Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A Forgotten Gaming Memory

And considering how long I've been playing video games, I've probably got more than I realize.

Earlier this evening, I was playing bits and pieces of some of my favorite Super Nintendo RPGs while I consider which one I want to do for my next Text Play. I've got it narrowed down to two: Chrono Trigger and Lufia and the Fortress of Doom. I still haven't quite decided which one I'm going to do yet, but I'm leaning towards Lufia because I've come closer to finishing that one and may actually pull it off if I give myself sufficient reason to do so.

But that's not what I remembered tonight. What I remembered was that there's a soft reset function for the Super Nintendo. As I was test playing Chrono Trigger, I got frustrated with it and just hit the shoulder buttons and start and select on the controller at the same time. Turns out, it's kind of a universal thing for doing a soft reset on gaming consoles. The weird part is I just did it without really thinking about it, and it wound up working.

I guess I knew that feature was there. I just hadn't ever really thought about doing it because I've never really needed to do it that many times.

I think the point here is that I'm impressed with myself for remembering that somehow, is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment