Friday, November 29, 2013

TEXT PLAY: Lufia and the Fortress of Doom (Taito, SNES 1993): Issue #35: Goofing Around, Part One

Well, at least I got the Old Cave by Grenoble done, anyway.

At first, I was all worried that I wouldn't be able to, because they sent me on what is essentially the last quest in that dungeon because of how high my levels were. Fortunately, though, that turned out not to be the case.

The last side quest here is that we need to find something called the “Crown Jewels”, for which the folks in the Spring Basement will give us ten thousand gold. The good news is that the monsters down there are at the same levels they would be for where we're supposed to be in the game. The bad news is that once I got back to Grenoble with the jewels, everybody in the Spring Basement started saying that the Hero was the greatest treasure hunter in the world because there was nothing left in the Old Cave.

Turns out, though, that's not entirely the case. We can still get all the stuff we didn't before, and even sell it to the people who run the Spring Basement. They just don't tell us about what we're looking for or how much it's worth any more. There's also a theme of royalty of some sort to all this stuff. Don't know if there anything to that.

So, I collected as much as I could and managed to sell a lot of it. Thing is, though, there was a miniquest that involved going into the Old Cave to find a character we needed to advance the main story. I think I may have sold the quest item that was supposed to come from the fifth floor in a normal shop awhile ago and not thought anything of it. I know there's supposed to be a town or island or something where I can find a shop that only sells things I've sold along the course of this journey. I'll try to find that later, just to see what's there.

Another thing I'll carry over to next time is something I thought one of the NPCs from one of the last villages said about finding some dude in Lorbinia that was looking for somebody in like Soshette or something. That's kind of where I am right now, trying to figure that out. But since it's getting kind of late and I've got stuff to do that I'd prefer to have some sleep for, I'll do it next time. Assuming, of course, my SNES doesn't completely short out on me for good, since it seemed to be doing that quite a bit tonight.

So, until then, stay safe, have fun, keep gaming, and DFTBA!

No comments:

Post a Comment