Sunday, October 23, 2016

TEXT PLAY: Final Fantasy IX (PlayStation, 2000, Square-Enix): Issue #004.5: Open the Pod Bay Doors

So, things are a little different this way.

Not as much as I had thought or hoped, of course, but still different.

Like I was saying last time, there was a door in the Black Mage Factory where Mist was leaking out from the bottom. I hadn't opened it because I thought it was a separate route. Turns out, that's not quite the case.

What the door actually does is grand access to a few extra items, which are pretty good for this point in the game, and hold back some Mist monsters which will get out into the main area for us to fight along the way to the same place things ended last time.

Of course, when I fought Black Waltz #2 this time, I got both the hat for Vivi and the piece of armor it was carrying, a Leather Plate, which is an upgrade for Zidane, and has a special move for a guy that we won't be getting for a good while yet.

Since I did get all the stuff I wanted to this time, I figured I may as well go see about the side quest that goes along with that Morrid guy who lives on the mountain that serves as the control tower for the airships that land at Dali. He says he loves his coffee, which is something I can certainly relate to. When Zidane asks about the model theater ship, Morrid has in his cabin, he says that he got it at the auction house in Treno when he came into money, but what he really wanted was some fancy coffee. I think the bit about the auction house in Treno may be a hint as to where to get the man his three special blends, called Birman, Kirman, and Moccah. I know we'll be getting to that soon enough. I'm hesitant to say next because it's been awhile since I've played the game myself or even watched an LP of it.


I'm pretty sure the immediate next place we're actually going is Lindblum, which is kind of a chore in and of itself. Like I said, we'll be getting to that soon enough. Hopefully I'll be to that at a more reasonable rate than I have been lately. Until then, though, stay safe, have fun, keep gaming, and DFTBA!

No comments:

Post a Comment