Friday, February 24, 2017

Final Fantasy Tonight: Lost Again

I'm calling it “tonight” because it was still before midnight when I started this.

So, it's been a few weeks since I've done much of this. There's really no good reason why, and I don't even have a good excuse.

I've been busy with both my jobs as well as the rest of my life, and with the way things have been going lately, I just haven't had the inclination to play after I've gotten done with all the other stuff I've had do to.

The good news in all this is that I did get a few things done or figured out in the time I've been away from all of this. One is that I did manage to find my cart for the Super Nintendo version of Crono Trigger when I finally got some stuff cleaned up in the general vicinity of where I was pretty sure I had it last. I figure that if and when I finally have a chance to get on with a secondary Text Play, it'll be of that, or if not, of Secret of Evermore, since I happened to find that as well.

The bad news is that I think the dry air or dust or something in my apartment this time of year may have something to do with why my SNES seems to have issues with glitching out on me. If I recall correctly, it did something like this the last couple years around this time, too, and didn't really start clearing up again until middle of spring. Of course, this is at least partly me talking out my ass here, too. I'm hardly an electronics expert, and this thing is a good 25 years old, anyway, so it could just be its age showing.

Anyway, I guess I'll at least try to end on a bit of good news here. I'm at least getting back to writing a little more now, which I guess is a turn for the better. I'm still dealing with the stuff I wrote about in my last post, but I'm not expecting a quick fix to that.


Here's to a little improvement in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment