Friday, April 5, 2019

Shopping Hauls: ShopKo, April 4, 2019


This may be the last time I get to one of my local ShopKo locations, and I am sad (even if I don't look it in the picture).

Granted, I do still have some time, if I really wanna go again. This Argus Leader article says the one I go to will be open until May 12 and the one on the east side will be open until April 14. The sad fact is, though, there are places that are as or more convenient for me that probably stock the same or similar things, so this may very well be it for visiting what is one of my favorite stores.

There's going to be pictures, per usual, of most of what I bought. My main reason for going was that I needed new undies, so I picked up a couple packs of those. No pictures of those because I don't want to reveal what size I wear, but I will leave this sadly low-res webcam selfie as a clue, and add that I hope things are not so pixelated when I make videos:


Last time I was at this place, it was dark because sunset was either just before or just after 5 PM at the time, and I didn't get off work until after then. Now, the sun's still up, even if it was kind of a grey day today, so here's a picture of the sign in that kind of light:


There was a bunch of signage on the door, too, but I didn't get any shots of them or many from inside the store this time. Gotta say, though, a good many of the departments I cruised through were surprisingly well stocked, all things considered. I do wonder how much they've already moved from the East Arrowhead location to the West 41st one I was at:



As for the goodies I'm actually willing to show, here's something from my childhood that I couldn't resist picking up:


I remember them serving this at the Lief Ericson day camp I went to for a couple summers as a kid, and these are even the Capri Sun pouches. I also remember how good the sandwiches they gave us for lunch were, and swimming at the Y at the end of the day. The one I had with my not-so-healthy but delicious dinner before writing this was good, so I'm not really worried about those Snopes articles.

I also picked up some aluminum foil because I was running low. I know what you're thinking, but Weird Al had nothing to do with the purchace. I use it to line the pans I cook in the oven with. I think this is the same brand the hardware store sells:


I'm something of a coffee fan, too. I think at some point I must have had Hills Bros coffee somewhere, but this is the first time I've ever bought a can of it myself. Looking forward to giving it a try:


Lastly, some fancy popcorn stuff:


I might do a JM Tries on this stuff and then hold off on that sort of thing for awhile. I've got a few reasons, but I'll get into those in another post.

Like I said at the top of the post, I might make it to this place one more time before it closes the middle of April, but it's hard to say. There's a Target close to where I work and a local place called Lewis Drug that's even closer to where I live. I might do posts on those as well.

No matter what, though, I'm hoping to have more content up here soon, and on a more regular basis again. See you soon, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment