Wednesday, October 26, 2022

TEXT PLAY: Final Fantasy IX (PlayStation, 2000, Square-Enix): Issue #075: MiSTing, Part One

I won't be making fun of the game in the manner the title might suggest in the next few of these. Or the way I tend to in general, either, really.


It's been an interesting almost two months since I did the last one of these. Between being a little busy and stressed out for most of September and then losing my dad early on this month, I really haven't had much time or headspace for this. But I'm going to try to come back a little bit now, I think.


So when I left off last time, we'd beaten Garland and seen Kuja obliterate Terra as our heroes escaped back to Gaia, which is now covered in that Mist stuff from early on in the game. That's pretty much where the title comes from. This isn't to say I won't be riffing on the game if something funny happens while I'm doing the grinding I've been meaning to do for awhile now.


One thing that does come to mind is that I suspect that the game designers may have taken steps to slow people down if they were going to do what I'm going to do here. I got into a few battles, just to reacquaint myself with the controls a bit, and it seemed like at least a third of them were ones where the experience and ability points were maybe a little low to make it really worthwhile for grinding.


I'm still going to go ahead, of course. There are a few characters with abilities left to learn, and a few more bits of equipment I need to get from the synth shops. It's going to take a while to get it all taken care of, especially because Amarant in particular is a little low on levels and has several skills left to learn.


I know I keep saying things like this, but I'm still going to try to get these things up at a slightly quicker pace and more frequently. Maybe not like I did at the beginning, but still quicker than I have been. If nothing else, I'd like to actually finish this game after having to abandon the last two or three of thes I'd been working on.


There are things I'll be doing in order to help this go as smoothly as possible, which may add to delays. I'll also be working on other projects along the way, too. After all, I'm doing these things to help keep myself from dwelling on other stuff that's been going on lately.


But I'd better wrap this up for now. Until next time, stay safe, have fun, keep gaming, and DFTBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment