Saturday, January 25, 2014

There Are Days

And Friday was one of them.

Granted, there's always going to be somebody who has it worse than I do. For example, the guy in the big car wreck over by my folks' place, but that's for a bit later.

The thing is, I can usually tell how my day's going to go by how the first couple hours go, and Friday was one that could have gone better than it did.

When I went to start my car yesterday morning to go visit my parents, I had a hell of a time getting it going, and I'm not sure why. And then there was that car wreck I mentioned earlier. Fortunately, I wasn't involved, but the street was closed except for one northbound lane. From what I understand, somebody died, but I still don't know many details.

The rest of the day was alright, all things considered. Things worked out pretty much the way they usually do, which is not necessarily a bad thing, I suppose.

Of course, there's also the fact that the weather has been more than a little strange lately. It was above freezing for most of the day yesterday, with fog in the afternoon and a mix of rain and snow at night. It's supposed to stay below freezing for quite awhile now, which will lead to slick roads and a few days of difficult trips to work.

Perhaps the next few days will be better than I think, of course. We'll just have to wait and see, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment