Friday, March 13, 2015

Final Fantasy Tonight: March 13, 2015

I've got half a mind to just get on with some of this stuff...

This is primarily Final Fantasy VI I'm talking about here, but I'm also working through the Chronicles version of Final Fantasy IV as well, and I should probably get on with that, too. The problem with these games is that I've been through them so damned many times over the years that it's hard to keep interest up in them. The thing about Six is that I've gotta get some of the characters' levels and spells built up, and that tends to be more than a little dull, both from a writing perspective and a playing one.

With Four, well, as I may have said before, it's pretty much the same game I'm familiar with, just with different dialog and the difficulty level ramped up, in part due to the fact that there's a ton and a half more items to futzer around with than what was in the North American port of the game I'm more familiar with. It'll be interesting to see if I can finish the game with the “new” difficulty level.

And then, there's Final Fantasy VIII. I must admit, I'm finding that I'm enjoying the parts of it I haven't played before more than I thought I would. I think it's partly because I've not been through these parts of the game yet. There are still more than likely a few things I'll have issue with as the game progresses. One I'm pretty sure of right now is that this is looking to be a hundred-some-odd hour long game, if I'm only halfway through at a little more than fifty, and from what I've heard, there's just enough bullshit left to come that I'm not sure I'm willing to call it worthwhile. Still, I'm going to try to finish the game, just to say I have once.

Beyond that, once I get done with at least one of the two main games I'm playing now, I think I'll move on to Chrono Trigger. Not sure how long that'll be, though. I'm quite a bit closer to finishing FF6 than I am to FF8, and depending on how all that goes, I may just start Chrono Trigger before I finish both the other ones. We'll see when we get there, though.

Until then, have a good night, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment