Sunday, March 15, 2015

TEXT PLAY: Final Fantasy VI (Super Nintendo, Square, 1994): Issue #050: Just Runnin' Around...

And maybe a game-specific update or two.

I've come to a couple conclusions about how I'm going to go forward with this since my Final Fantasy Tonight post the other day. One is how much more level and magic grinding I'm going to do. At first, I was going to try getting everybody's level up to fifty and get as many characters with the Life 3 spell, since it's so handy in the final battle, especially. The other is that I think I'll just stop trying to get all fancy with this thing and just go for the end of it. I've already been at this for longer than I had hoped to be. I'd like to finish this sometime soon.

In the meantime, I've been running around to a few of the places I normally don't go when I'm this close to the end of the game. One of those places was the cave just outside of South Figaro. I wound up scaring off the treasure hunter guy who was in there trying to break open the chest. I think I might have said I was going to leave him there to see what happened if I finished the game without chasing him off. On the one hand, I feel kind of bad about that momentary lapse in judgment, but then again, I had never meant this to be a 100% run anyway.

In South Figaro itself, I got to screwing around in that area where Locke first met up with Celes when he was escaping the Empire early on in the game. Turns out we can still get in there. There's a Hyper Wrist in a box down a secret area I'd forgotten was there, too. I'm sure I've got at least one of that particular Relic, and it probably won't hurt to have one more. The passages that served as the escape route are still available, too, random battles included. Maybe once I've got everybody's levels where I want them and enough people with the spells I want, I'll get back in there with the Ragnarok Esper on somebody just to see what happens, what I can get for the trouble. Probably won't be worth much, but it should be fun to find out all the same.

So, anyway, until next time, stay safe, have fun, keep gaming, and DFTBA!

No comments:

Post a Comment