Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Linkabout

Kind of an experiment going on here.

What I’ve got here is a link to a post on my Tumblr where the actual experiment is. It’s the usual crap art I’ve been posting there for awhile now, so in that regard, there’s nothing too terribly different about it. What is different is how I digitized these specific images. They’re two of four last ones I’ve got on hand and have been meaning to do something with for awhile but haven’t because my usual method has been to switch out my new computer with the old one so that I could use my flatbed scanner.

I’ve been too lazy to do that of late, which, as I’m sure quite a lot of folks will tell me, isn’t exactly a bad thing. But then I remembered that I have an app on my phone called TinyScanner, which is meant to do more or less this exact thing from the convenience of my phone. If I’d had my shit together, I probably could have done some of the touchup work on the image editing app I’ve got there, too, but I didn’t think of that until too late, so I did the cropping and some of the other stuff with the native editor on my Windows 10 machine before switching to the laptop to bring down the file size in ImageReady.

I know, I know, it’s an awful lot of work for what my viewers actually get, artistically speaking, but it’s a kludged together system that more or less works for me.

With all that in mind, the question here is would it be worth it for me to keep this new way of abusing my audience’s eyeballs with bad art, or should I continue with the old way, which was just as cumbersome in its own ways?


I’d kind of like to hear what people think about all of this. Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment