Wednesday, January 24, 2018

TEXT PLAY: Final Fantasy IX (PlayStation, 2000, Square-Enix): Issue #041: Rumblings

In which we find out if a month and a half's worth of waiting was worth it.

It kinda was, I suppose. I at least think I kinda found where I was supposed to go. There was a place that looked like it was supposed to be marked for something by three little stone pyramid-looking things arranged in a triangle, and there's quite a lot of rumbling going on in the area that gets worse the closer to the pyramids we get. I'm pretty sure this is the place we're supposed to be, since we're at the east end of the Outer Continent. But before I get on with my thoughts about that, I guess I should mention what went on before I actually got to that point.

I did a bit of running around outside of Lindblum before I went on my way simply because I forgot where the ship was. We can get back to Pinacle Rocks from the plateau Lindblum is on, and I had thought about going through that again, just to get Steiner some more levels, but then decided that I'd be better off if I just got on with the story, or at least tried to, anyway.

This meant trying a different strategy of getting there. Instead of trying to get there from the south, I headed south from Lindblum, which lead back to the north, and I found a beach I could land at. This one finally took me to the right place, at least. The best indicator of that was that I started running into new enemies. The ones I remember the most are a green squid sort of thing that apparently didn't have any new abilites for Quina and a bony whale sort of thing that I wound up killing before I could find out what happened if Quina tried to eat it.

And that leads us to what I was talking about after the jump. I'm going to have to go through my recent posts again, to see if I mentioned needing a specific item in my inventory or person in my party, or what the deal is. There's something that needs to happen here to advance the plot, but for the life of me, I can't recall what it is off the top of my head. That's part of the problem with leaving these things sit for as long as I do sometimes.

I do apologise for how short this is, but considering how long it seems to be taking me to get things out, I have a feeling something short now is the better idea. Hopefully, this will help me get these things going at a better pace again soon, simply because it'll do me some good to be more regular with this again.


Anyway, until next time, stay safe, have fun, keep gaming, and DFTBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment