Saturday, February 9, 2019

Cold Month of February


This kind of cold sucks, but in a way, I'm kind of glad we're having it, too.

Sure, a lot gets fucked up when the air temperature gets down to -25 Faranheit like it did a week or so ago, especially cars and people, for example. It's good that it happens every so often, though. Forces us to slow the hell down and remember what we've got every once in awhile. It's a reminder that we don't need as much of the modern crap as we think we do sometimes.

It's also kind of entertaining to see who says climate change isn't real and we're not fucking up the planet on account of we used to call it global warming and it's really cold some places instead. Our own Fearless Leader Donald Trump even got caught on camera saying he thought more global warming would be good so it wouldn't be so cold in some of the places it is right now.

For me, it's been interesting to learn that this is happening because we've managed to make the jet stream go all off kiler and send super cold arctic air into places it's not supposed to be. Part of that's because I think it's good to reconsider my resource use every now and again. Part of it's because I like watching the steam come out of the dryer vent when I do my laundry, or getting pics like this:


Also, any chance to write instead of doing “real work” is a good thingin my mind.

And before I go, too, here's a pair of bonus pictures from my day job:


No comments:

Post a Comment