Saturday, May 11, 2019

Just Need To Write


There are a lot of good reasons for that.

There's the pile of stuff I've got built up on and around my desk, sure, but that's only part of it. Cleaning that up will help me with the real reason I started this blog. Even that's not quite correct, though. The real reason is that it evolved from something that was somebody else's idea when they heard that I was a writer before I realized the value of something I read in a book by a guy called Lawrence Block about being a writer: collaborations have a bad way of not working out particularly well for anyone involved.. I might tell that story again later.

Since then, it's evolved into something to help me keep my hands out of the cookie jar when I've got nothing else to do. I'd say it hasn't been working lately, but that would imply that I've been doing this regularly, and I'm sure regular followers know that hasn't exactly been the case.

Getting back to doing this regularly will help with both my physical and mental health, plus it might help reduce some of the clutter around my apartment. I've heard it said that less clutter helps with some of the other issues I've got, and I guess it couldn't hurt to try that out, just so I know firsthand how true that is.

Basically, what this means is that there's more stuff coming. The overall quality might not always be the greatest, but at least it'll be something. Keep an eye out, folks. Things might get interesting again.



No comments:

Post a Comment