Friday, July 12, 2019

TEXT PLAY SIDE GAME: Final Fantasy II (Famicom 1988/PS 2003 [Origins]): Issue #005: The Importance of Offline Copies


This was something to do while I was waiting for Internet issues to be resolved.

When I found out that wasn't going to happen until after my usual “press time” the day after I did the play session, I figured I'd get this written and then find some other way of doing the online stuff I needed to get done.

This time around, it wasn't so much about advancing the plot as it was getting the main three characters' HP and other stats up. Everybody's HP is now in the 150-200 range, and their magic and weapons skills are up a level or two as well, and so is Firion's Blink spell.

Along the way, I wound up with like a dozen antidotes that I wasn't likely to use after I equipped some to the party. Between selling those and all the fighting I'd done, I had enough gold to buy three sets of silver armor and the Basuna spell for Firion. Turns out, I had a Warp Scroll, too, so I used that on Firion as well. I did this all in the Bafsk Cave so I'd be where I could get the stuff I needed.

Since I had other stuff to do the day I wrote this, I'll leave myself a note to get this up after work the day the Internet's supposed to be back. That way, the good news will be only three months since the last one of these I did instead of six. Makes me glad I had copies of the last few issues of this on my hard drive to copy and paste from.

Anyway, with all that in mind, until next time, stay safe, have fun, keep gaming, and DFTBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment