Sunday, September 27, 2020

TEXT PLAY: Final Fantasy IX (PlayStation, 2000, Square-Enix): Issue #062: Mini World Tour: Madain Sari, Part One

 This bit is turning out to be harder than I thought it would be.


The plan was to just go to Madain Sari again so I could maybe get a little more backstory for the summoners we've got with us. The way I understood it is that if I went into town with a party that had Dagger or Amarant, that Lani chick would be at the fishing dock in Eiko's house but would bugger off when we went to talk to her. If we went back without Amarant or Dagger, she'd stay and eventually tell you there's some interesting info at the Eidolon Wall.


Since I was grinding for Amarant anyway, I went in with him in the party, and just as the guide I'm looking at said, Lani ran off. When I switched him out for Quina and went back in, she just ran the hell off again. I figured that maybe I needed to go to another place for a bit and come back, but no luck there, either. Well, not exactly no luck. I went to the Ilfa Tree and got the Roulette and Lv. 5 Death abilites for Quina. But no luck with the thing I was trying to do.


Then I tried switching Freya and Vivi out for Steiner and Eiko and didn't get anywhere with that idea either. There are a few other things I could try, I suppose. I'll give them a shot later, but for now I think I'll try to move on with Final Fantasy 2 next time, simply because I need a break from this one and FF4.


It might be awhile before I get back to this game, in spite of this issue being a little shorter than I usually like, but better than nothing. If I can't get this thing figured out next time I give it a shot, I think I'll just post a link to the video Caves of Narshe has for this bit, because it sounds interesting, even if it's not entirely important to the story.


Until then, though, stay safe, have fun, keep gaming, and DFTBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment