Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Picture Post: Roubaix Lake Revisited

This is a place I did a bit about a couple years ago, too.


Things had changed a bit since 2019, but were still pretty much the same, too. This time, I did remember to get a couple shots off the dam holding the lake back. It's a nice view.



There's a walking path that goes between there and the parking lot, which leads to the swimming beach. It's not quite as narrow as it looks in the picture.



I mention that because of a sign I came across at the far end of the path:



I guess motorcycles could fit down there, but it would take more skill than I could hope to have to make it work.


If I remember right, this little patch of clover was just past the sign.



I'm not sure what the lighter purple thing is, but it was nice, too.


From there, I was pretty much at the beach. Actually got a closeup of the sign that was in the wide-angle shot from a couple years ago.



The view from the beach itself was pretty much the same as it was a couple years ago, too:



The only really interesting thing in the sand this year was this dog's paw print:



After that little look around there, I kinda needed to take advantage of the facilities there. The little outhouse by the beach was open this year. On the way there, I also at least tried to get a drink out of the water fountain. I don't recall if it worked or not, but I did come across this faded little sign:



It's kinda hard to tell what the Forrest Service is going for there, but I'm guessing those are no-nos, based on what I could see.


As I was saying, though, the restroom was open this year, albeit with a bit of a caveat:



I guess that would kind of explain an interesting thing I found in there when I was done with my business in there:



Still, I guess better on the floor than in the pit, after all. They've even got a couple signs up to that effect.



There's also some friendly advice from a familiar face I'm not entirely sure I'd want to come across in a place like that:



Still, it's good advice, regardless of the source or the outhouse.


There was still time for a little fishing this year, too. Granted, it wasn't nearly as good as it was last time we were there, but at least they were kinda biting, anyway:




Even if the fish weren't what one might call impressive, this pine shrub at the base of a tree was:



And that's pretty much it for this visit. I'm hoping I can get back there again at some point. I do enjoy the visit.


This will also wrap up this year's trip to the Hills. As always it was a fun trip. I'm always looking forward to the next chance I get to go, even if I'm not always sure when that's going to be.


See you soon, everyone! Safe travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment