Thursday, February 22, 2024

Going For One A Week

I'd like to do more than that going forward, but this month, it looks like one post a week is all I'm going to manage.


I'd like to say it isn't for lack of ideas, but this last month or so, it kind of has been. I've got the projects I've been working on for ages now, of course. Not having the ambition to work on them the way I'd like to be would be bad enough if I'd at least had other ideas in mind, but I haven't had that either.


This month in particular has been kind of a rough one for me. There are a few reasons, most of which I won't get into here. The big one is that my dad's birthday was this month, and it got to me this year moreso than it did last year because I was still trying to process having lost him last year, and I've got the idea clearer in my head this year.


There's been other stuff going on as well, but like I said before, this really isn't the time or place for it. For now, all the more I'll say about it is that it's really piled up on me and is another part of why things just haven't been as much fun for me lately, as I was saying in the first post I made this month. The stress and, quite frankly, bit of guilt I've had over a lot of this stuff has caused me to cut way back on the good things I've been trying to keep up on and fall back on some of the worst habits that have gotten me into the mess I've been in for pretty much the whole of my adult life, at least.


The good news is that we're just about done with winter here, which means the weather will be improving to something I'm a little more fond of before too terribly long. Hopefully, that'll do something to improve my mood and ambition to do more of this kind of thing going forward. It's too soon to say if it will or not, but that's the hope, anyway.


I might try to do a video version of this thing at some point. It might not be until early March at this point, but it's an idea, anyway. There's at least one JM Tries thing I want to do before then, and hopefully, I'll get to that before the end of the month. We'll see, of course.


So anyway, that's kind of where I am right now. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment