Saturday, February 3, 2024

Not So Fun Anymore

This isn't as much fun as it used to be.


Back when I started doin this whole blogging thing it was as much because I enjoyed writing as anything. It was something I'd enjoyed doing for a long time. Still do, really. Wouldn't have stuck with it for nearly as long as I have if that wasn't the case.


Lately, though, I haven't gotten as much out of it as I used to; as much as I'd like to. I'm not sure why that is, which makes it hard to keep at it and come up with ideas to work with. I'm sure I've said several times before, both here and on my YouTube channel, that I don't really like repeating things in quick succession because I get bored with it, and I'm pretty sure that comes through in what I'm putting out, making the people who read and/or watch these things bored, too, and I'd rather not have that.


That's kind of how it's been with the video game stuff, too. For a while now, I've found myself getting bored with it lately, which is unfortunate, because I've still got Final Fantasy 9 to finish, and I don't want to leave it undone after all the time I've put into it. I'm sure there are still a few folks out there who've put as much time into reading that as well, and I'd like to give them their ending.


The good news on that front is that the slow pace the last few years has come as much from my not having quite as much time to put into it as I'd like as anything. I still have a good amount of fun doing it. I've just been having a hard time setting aside enough time for it lately, especially if I'm going to write about the experience, too


I'm still looking for ways to make all this fun for myself, and hopefully for everybody who reads these things, too. I know I've been having trouble doing that for myself lately, which makes me think I've been failing to do it for my audience as well.


It might be interesting to hear what kind of content whatever audience I've got would be interested in seeing. If it's something I think I can do, I'll certainly have a go at it if and when I can.


That's kind of where I am now. See you soon, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment