Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Final Fantasy This Morning: Tuesday April 21, 2015

Is it possible for one to have too much real life going on?

Seems like that's exactly what I've got going on right now. That's not necessarily a bad thing, mind you, but it would be a lot better if I was getting paid for it. Instead, it seems to be costing me a bit much. The biggest reason for that right now is that the transmission on my car burned out on me end of last week and I had to spend $3500 getting it fixed and go without it over the weekend.

That still doesn't explain why I've gotten so far behind in my writing stuff recently, at least not entirely. For the most part, I don't really have what one might call a good explanation for that. The only thing I can really do on that front right now is give a lame excuse about being burned out on Final Fantasy games at the moment. That's kind of my fault, though. It was kind of dumb of me to start playing FF8 while I had so much of FF6 left, and it's really slowing me down on both of them now. I did have other choices, but at the time, it seemed best to stick with Six while my Super Nintendo was, and still is, working, and I don't really have a lot of other options for the PS2 that would have worked out well for Text Plays.

As for the other stuff, well, once not so long ago, I remember reading something about how being in a negative financial situation tends to mess up your mind, and the longer it goes on, the worse it gets. I can say now from personal experience that yeah, there's some unfortunate truth to that, and the worst part of it is, it makes the process of remedying the situation that much harder. That's something I might have to talk about on my Mixlr show tonight, as well as the alternate title I'm using for this issue, and may go on using when I know I'm going to be putting them out early in the morning instead of late at night like I was when I first started the series.

Another potential topic will be at least one favorite Let's Player of mine, one who seems to get plenty of exposure without my help, for sure. But that's going to be quite awhile yet. Most of the day, really, and I suspect I'm going to have quite a bit to do between now and then. So stay tuned, everyone. Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment