Wednesday, April 8, 2015

TEXT PLAY: Final Fantasy VI (Super Nintendo, Square, 1994): Issue #051: Kefka's Tower, Part One

I'm not quite where I said I'd be before I started the final dungeon, but I've been at this game for long enough, I think, so I may as well just get on with ending it.

I don't really know how long this'll take, but I suspect it'll be awhile. I'll just get everybody to learn what they need to learn on the way to the end.

Kefka's Tower is supposed to be the smashed up remains of Vector, the Empire's capitol city. There are parts that still look it, sort of. Other parts, not so much. The place is a real mess, but I guess that's to be expected. A crazy person who thinks he rules the world is responsible for the place, after all.

Going in, we're prompted to make three parties. Turns out, that's just enough to have all twelve of the playable characters from the first half of the game. I had intended to bring Gogo and Umaro along as well, but it turns out I don't need them. Guess I didn't have to put any time into leveling them up after all. Oh well.

But since I've been at this game for longer than I'd intended, I'll just try to get the other party members the Life 3 spell on the way to the end of the dungeon. The monsters here are stronger than they have been, and give more magic points than they did on the map, which should speed things along. And on top of that, there's the last two dragons and a second round with Atma. Unfortunately, I took out one of the dragons, the gold one, and Atma with the same party, which doesn't do me as much good as I had hoped. Just as bad, if not worse, I've gotten a bit lost in the tower, and I suspect the only way to get things straightened out will be to get out of the tower somehow and start again.

There's a way of doing just that, but I can't seem to figure out how to make that work. I've got my mess-up saved, and maybe I'll be able to figure it out when I'm not working on this so damed late at night like I've been doing lately. Getting some rest and having a clear head might actually really help. So, until then, have fun, stay safe, keep gaming, and DFTBA!

No comments:

Post a Comment