Thursday, August 6, 2015

TEXT PLAY: Final Fantasy VIII (SquareSoft, 1999; Playstation): Issue #036: More Looking Around

It's been a busy couple weeks, and now I remember why I've been putting this off...

Eshtar is a nice enough place to look around, but sadly, that's about all there is to do here. Sure, we've got Rinoa handed off to Dr. Odine at the president's palace, but after that, about the only thing there is to do in town is to look around some and shop a bit, and I did that last time.

There are a couple magazines to find. One's the fourth issue of something called Occult Fan. This one's about a flying saucer and an alien that's looking for some kind of potions on this version of Earth. The strategy guide I'm using says the other one's a Combat King, which has Zell's limit breaks, but there's this soldier that I talked to as Squall that I'll have to go back to as Zell to get it.

Before that happens, though, I've gotta go someplace else. This place is called Lunar Gate. According to the notes in the last issue of this I put out, the game does tell us we need to go there, though I gotta admit, all the time that's gone by has made it a little hazy. One thing I do remember is that the game doesn't exactly make it clear why we've got to make the trip, but I guess we need to all the same.

Along the way, there's a side quest to a place called Tears' Point to look for something called the Solomon Ring. This thing's an event item that will eventually get us another GF, but it's a pain in the ass to pull off because there's a collection of other items we need to have alongside it to actually use it.

But I'm going to wait until I have a chance to get started on this at a better time than I did, since just getting where I need to be is kind of a trek and a half, and I've already been up later than I probably should be. So, that'll have to wait until next time. Until then, stay safe, have fun, keep gaming, and DFTBA!

No comments:

Post a Comment