Wednesday, January 13, 2016

TEXT PLAY: Final Fantasy VIII (SquareSoft, 1999; Playstation): Issue #042: Missing Something

I've gotta be missing something here. I've just gotta be.

What exactly it is I'm missing and how I might go about changing that, I don't know.

I say that because I spent the better part of an hour running around in Lunatic Pandora, and all I got for my trouble was three rounds of Squall's salary, which is at level 9 now, for some reason, and the knowledge that the only path that actually lead anywhere was the one I took by mistake at the end of the last issue.

There are plenty of other paths to take, of course, and a lot of them actually look like they should go places but wind up in dead ends. There's only one that I can recall ending with a blocked path. All the others looked like they should go someplace but don't. Several of them were in tunnels or down staircases, and there was even one that led to a metal ladder that looked like it went down someplace, but the party couldn't use it.

There are a couple special abilities I could get for my guardian forces while I'm still in here. The Galbadian soldiers and machinery in here is kind of good for the AP, I suppose. Then again, as I understand it, that's going to be true of the normal monsters on the world map when I finish this next part anyway. I still may grind for the AP to get the abilities anyway, but not do an issue about it.

It's kind of a funny thing, now that I think about it. I've been meaning to get this game over and done with for a while now, so I could move on to something else, and now that I'm at a part where the plot actually moves along at a decent pace for a change, I want to take my time with it. I kind of feel like a cat at an open door, making my owner hold the thing open while I just stand there, letting the breeze blow in my face while I make up my mind about what to do.

Either way, I think the next issue will be about me just going ahead with the plot. It's about time for that.

Until then, stay safe, have fun, keep gaming, and DFTBA!

No comments:

Post a Comment