Friday, June 17, 2016

TEXT PLAY Second Run: Final Fantasy 4 (SNES, 1991): Issue #013: Edolon Hunting

This is a little tedious.

And what's worse is I don't know of how much use the other randomly dropped summons would really be, anyway. The Bomb one is a little more practical than the Imp one is, I guess, but given what I tend to use it for, the Imp is sufficient. I'll have to decide how much more time I want to put into this, I suppose.

I spent about a half hour trying for the Bomb summon with no luck even finding them in the area I started looking, so I decided I'd go for the Mage summon for awhile. After running around Cave Magnes for an hour or an hour and a half, I started to consider moving on from there for awhile, too. I was actually running into the monster in question, but it seems like they hardly ever drop even common items. I might just move on and try for these things again later. I know Bomb-type enemies are really common on the Moon, so I might try for it when I get there, if I don't stumble on it beforehand.

While I was doing that, I began to consider doing a more serious, if you will, Text Play of Final Fantasy 9. I'm thinking a game I haven't played anywhere nearly as much as this one will keep things interesting. Plus, there's the fact that I like 9 almost as much as I like this one.


I'll give it some thought. It'll certainly be interesting, and even a little fun to have another shot at a game I've only had a go at maybe a half-dozen times. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment