Sunday, June 26, 2016

TEXT PLAY Second Run: Final Fantasy 4 (SNES, 1991): Issue #014: Moving Along

I think I may as well just move on for now.

It's not like I wasn't running into Mages in Cave Magnes. It's just that I wasn't running into very many, and I'd kind of like to still keep this game moving at a relatively reasonable rate. With that in mind, I decided to just move on with the story for a little while.

In Baron, I went to Rosa's house in town and talked to her mother. If I'd ever done that before, it's been long enough ago that I don't remember. As it turns out, Rosa's mom was a white wizard who'd married a well known knight as well. The assumption is that the knight is Rosa's dad, and where he is, I don't know.

Just for the hell of it, I went through the Old Waterway to get into the castle. In the basement of the right tower is a room where the king's ghost says he'll help you if you visit the land of summoned monsters in the Underground. I think I did that bit last time I did this, too.

After doing that, I talked to Cid's men, who put the hook on the airship so I could take the hovercraft to Eblan. Along the way, I stopped at the Village of Mist, where I got all the special stuff there, plus something called the Dancing Knife. Turns out it's a weapon upgrade for Rydia. I did not know that before, so I learned something there.

Once I was done with that, I pretty much just went on through to the first save point on the way to the Tower of Bab-Il. Since all of this had taken me awhile, I decided to stop there for awhile and pick up with getting Edge at a later time.

The rest of the trip through this part of Bab-Il was relatively easy. This is where I got the Bomb spell last time I did this, but no such luck this time. I think a better place to try for that would be on the moon anyway. The battle with Rubicante was easier than I remembered, but it's been awhile since I've done this.

As for the trip back into the Underground, I could have sworn there was a save point before getting to the airship in the tower, but I guess not.

At any rate, I think I'll pick back up at the Dwarf Castle and go from there, just to see if anything different happens. See you then, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment