Thursday, August 31, 2017

Getting On With Things

I suppose I could put this under the Early Morning Musings heading, but this is something I've been thinking about during the day, too.

This is one of those things that I know I keep talking about but never seem to get around to actually doing all the stuff I've got planned out in my head.

Part of the problem is that this has been kind of a messed up summer, with a lot of crazy and stressful things going on that I've been trying to get through. I've been putting things off on the basis of wanting to have more information before I went and committed to something that I would be then unable to finish. Thing is, though, probably the biggest thing in all of that is something that I found out about at the end of June, and I can't say as I know much more about what's really going on with that than I did in early July, right after I found out about this stuff.

I've also got some health issues going on right now, mostly stemming from my weight, which is going in the wrong direction again. I think I've got an idea or two as to what I need to do to at least stop things from getting worse, if not start making them better, in that area. Some of what I know in this area are things I've known for a long time, some of it I need to learn or relearn.

Amongst the things I already know to do are to either say out loud or write down what at least some of these plans of mine are and then actually plan out how and when I'm going to work on getting them done. I know that works because I've done that all before to good result, and I'm pretty sure it'll work out well for me again. I just need to set aside some time here in the next week or two to make some of that happen. I've had a fairly steady schedule at my day job lately, so I just need to work around that and fill in the many blanks I've got for the rest of my time.

Another thing that I'm certain will help is getting back into a better sleep routine than I've got now. I've been working on that for awhile, but haven't had much success. Moving my bedtime back is something I've been trying on my own for the last few months with almost no success. With that in mind, I did go out and buy a bottle of the store-brand equivalent of that ZZZ-quil sleep aid I've seen advertized on TV and the Internet, but it really hasn't yielded the best results either. Not because it doesn't work, but because it works a little too well, which is not exactly a good thing when I need to be up for work by a certain time.

I'm also pretty sure something else is going on with my health as well, but I'm not entirely sure what. Since all the craziness started, I've been having more fits of coughing and sneezing than I have in awhile and I've been getting some awful night sweats, as well as a few other symptoms that would almost certainly be unwise to bring up in a blog post like this. Perhaps once I get my time wrangled into something more managable again, I'll actually take my insurance company up on its offer of an annual physical so I can potentially get some of this figured out.


Anyway, with all this in mind, it's time I got around to following some advice from one of my favorite cartoon villains and started making some of these things happen again, because I know what I need to do. So be on the lookout for updates, plans and the like in the near future. See you soon, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment