Friday, December 29, 2017

Late Night Musings: Last Of The Old Year

Yeah, the way I've been going lately, this probably will be the last post of the year for me, so I may as well tie it into something from earlier this year.

I've actually been meaning to get to this post for the better part of December. Unfortunately, this has turned out to be one of those months where it seems like things went wrong every opportunity they got. This post is a perfect example of that. I had intended to make it a video done late at night to make it more fully contrast with the post I linked to above the jump. Between having to work late or not feeling well or any of a dozen other things that have come up on me, that's not going to happen, so I may as well just write this damned thing and get it out there.

Even as I write this, I feel like hell. It's almost like I've been drinking to excess, when that's not the case. I had a glass of wine or two whenever it was my family did their yearly oyster stew meal, but I haven't touched any alcohol since then. Right now, it's bad enough that I'm actually kind of afraid to go to sleep because I'm honestly not sure I'll wake back up in the morning. That bothers me because there are still things I need and want to live for.

I know that one of the bigger factors in this is the shitty diet and exercize habbits I've had for the last six months or so. It's actually been longer than that, really, but I've really lost control of them in that time, and being aware of it in so many ways is affecting my mental health, which in turn makes me do all the things I know are bad for me more. And there's physical pain involved here, too. Quite a bit of it is in my feet and legs, which makes sense, considering how heavy a fellow I am, but right now, I've got a nasty headache, too. Maybe when I'm done with this I'll go take something for it. I would now, but I want to take something that will help me sleep, too, and I want to get this done before it kicks in.

Something that makes the psycological side of this worse is that there are some personal things that I am presently unable to enjoy the way I used to. Sure, gaming is one of them, of course, and so is writing. I can't get the same enjoyment out of them I did when I wasn't feeling like crap half the time. I'm sure getting out and getting more exercise than I have in a while would help with that, but it's hard to get motivated when everything hurts and you're tired.

There are also some other things that are of a personal nature that are not for public consumption like this. Being able to get some fulfilment out of those things would really help, too, but there again, there are physical health issuse getting in the way.

I'm sure some will bring up that what and how much I eat is a part of that, and I agree, it is. It's one of those issues where if knowing about the issue and knowing how to resolve it was all it took, my situation would almost certainly not have gotten as bad as it has in the first place. Even if it may not seem like it, I am trying to make the necessary changes, but as always, easier said than done, especially with some of the things I would like to do with my life.

As it stands, I really feel like I've lost control of my own life and I'm not sure how to go about getting things back to where I want them to be.


I'd like to say that 2018 is the year that I'll be able to make this work again, but then again, eleven months ago, I was saying the same thing about 2017, and it turned out to be about as far from the truth as I could get. I dunno, though, maybe this will be the year. Either way, we'll be finding out soon enough, I guess. Happy new year, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment