Sunday, December 10, 2017

TEXT PLAY: Secret of Mana (Squaresoft; SNES, 1993): Issue #006: Another Haunted Forrest

This one's quite a bit more difficult than the one in Final Fantasy IX.

And it's those damned Chobin Hoods that make this thing so hard. I had figured that getting to the witch's castle would be a two or three session thing anyway, given the way I tend to go about these things, but between nearly getting my ass handed to me by the aforementioned beasts and realizing that I would probably benefit from coming at the part imediately thereafter with fresher eyes. There's a warp pad behind the pillars we needed the axe for. I know there's a way through there, but working on it after 11 PM on a long day at work wasn't yielding any positive results, and I was getting my party killed. Doing a little level grinding and gold farming would probably be a good thing, if only because having the extra HP and supplies will likely come in handy going forward.

I had a feeling I was going to regret saving with Neko in the forrest, but by the time I sat down to do the first bit of this, it was too late to worry about it.

The second session of this came a little more than a month later. All I've got for an excuse is the same old boring real life stuff that always takes priority. Bills to pay and all that, ya know.

So, anyway, I did manage to get back to the Dwarf Village, at least, and with enough money to buy my party a Cup of Wishes or two so I could revive party members who wound up biting it along the way. I also stocked up on some other healing items, as well, and bought some new wrist armor for the hero and Mickey. I'll need to get another one of those for Rose and some new armor for the hero as well, but since I'm doing this at the same time as always, I'll just start off with knocking that out next time, and maybe getting everybody's weapon skills up, too. Those will come in handy, too.

For now, though, I'm just going to post this as is. Like I said abouve, it's been more than a month since I've put any of this up, so it's about time I did something with it, and this is better than nothing.


Hopefully, I'll have something more of substance up in a shorter amount of time than this took. See you then folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment