Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Freeform Writing, October 1, 2019


Or at least that's when I started this.

I'm fairly sure it'll be at least a little bit after midnight by the time I get this to a point where I'm ready to post it, and it won't actually go live until 8:30 in the morning because that's usually when I set the delayed posting option for pretty much everything that shows up here.

So, anyway, it's been an interesting few months for me. I've had some medical stuff going on since the middle of the summer, more or less. It's something I've known I've needed to do for quite a long time now, and my family finally got me to go. It's been doing me some good, as my health has been improving based on what I've learned so far. I've still got some resistance to the whole idea, but that's another discussion for another time, after I've talked with other people. For now, though, I will say that good things are coming of this, and I've got other things coming up that might help continue that trend.

I was on vacation about a week ago, as of writing this. That did me as much good as anything else I've done lately, as it's given me a chance to think about things, remember things. I've got a few things to write about that, and those will be coming along soon. There's also at least one video I'll eventually get made here, based on that trip. That's also another time, and we'll get there, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Essentially, this trip gave a few things I've been thinking about and considering for pretty much the entire summer to come into better focus than they've been in for awhile. One of those things is memories of the so-called “good old days”. I'll get more into this in a post that's coming up, of course, because it's an interesting thing and there are pictures. It reminds me of something that the host of this webcast that I used to watch used to say, at least as I remember it. He'd talk about how his “good old days” never really ended because he was always trying to make the present as good as he could. I remember hearing that several times over the course of the years I was watching the show, and it made sense, sounded like good advice. It's something I try to do to the best I can every day.

The other big thing I've had on my mind that's in a little better focus now is in regards to a few Internet personalities, especially on YouTube, that I kind of like and haven't heard much from lately. They were all good at what they do and it would be nice to hear more from them again. What occurs to me, on that front, is that if I really want to see that happen, I should probably get my own flabby white ass, to paraphrase Futurama, in gear and start getting more of my own stuff out there again, too. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest to find out that there are quite a few folks from the old County Line Gaming site and forum, for example, who follow and maybe even enjoy my work as much as I enjoy theirs. I know a lot of us did, and still do, really, more than just gaming stuff, and that some of them are still active, at least to some extent.

So, with that in mind, there's plenty of stuff coming in the near future, and with any luck, I'll be able to get myself back to posting like I was between 2013 and 2017. This year's too far gone now to do much of that with, but there's still time to get my count above last year's 40. I've got more stories and ideas and the like that I want to share, and it's up to me to make that happen.

Here's to things looking better in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment