Thursday, April 23, 2020

TEXT PLAY SIDE GAME: Final Fantasy II (Famicom 1988/PS 2003 [Origins]): Issue #017: Deist Cave, Part Two


I got a little lost this time, and covered pretty much the same area I did last time.

There are a few reasons for that. In part, it's because it's been a little more than a month since I've gotten to this game, and it's been a crazy month.

It's also partly because I was doing this on a night when I wanted to sleep but just wasn't tired until I was almost done with this. I'm sure there are a few reasons for that, but that's a matter for another time and post.

The good news here is that at least it wasn't a wasted effort. I did manage to get the party's stats up, to the point where yeah, Hill Gigases aren't as much of a problem any more. And I even got some Titan Gloves and a Titan Helm for Firion, both of which really up his defense and attack power. Combined with the Wing Blades I've got on him, it really comes in handy for the tough monsters around here.

When I realized I'd messed up, I used Firion's Warp spell to get out of the cave and then went to Bafsk to sell off some of the unnecessary stuff I had in the inventory and replace it with more useful items. Probably going to have to go back and pick up a couple more things I forgot before.

Hopefully, it won't be another month before I get to that. I also hope I'll be able to make these posts longer than I have for this game. I know these last couple have been really short, but it's been long enough between them that I really think I need to get them up, just to keep the series active.

But now that I've got the main points I needed to cover covered, I'm going to try to sleep. See you soon, folks, and as always, stay safe, have fun, keep gaming, and DFTBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment