Thursday, August 27, 2020

So Many Things To Get On With


As always, I've got a huge pile of things I need to get on with.

In a way, that's a good problem to have, I suppose. I always have things to do with my time, which is better for me than sitting idle. I actually kind of prefer to be busy with things like this, or even the crappy art I do from time to time. I'd have my hands in the junk food more often than I already do otherwise.

At the same time, all this stuff I've got sitting around won't do me any good if I never finish it and get it posted somewhere. I'd kind of like to get somewhere with all of this, and that's not going to happen if I keep on the way I have been.

Most of why I'm doing this instead of just working on some of the other projects I've got going on now is that I need some way of reminding myself that it's OK to write some of my ideas down but not “officially announce” them here. It's something I used to do, a long while ago, but somehow got out of the habit of it. As a result, I'm coming up with all these ideas that might be at least pretty good and then not doing anything with them because I don't get them written down anywhere so I can go back and look at them when I get a current project finished.

What I'm going to try to do from here is to start a file on my computer or something about the other ideas I've got and then pick one once I've got some of the other stuff finished.

I actually used to be halfway decent about that when I was still writing stuff for the community blog section on Channel Awesome, but since that option went away, I've pretty much been half-assing it in that regard. In general, though, I'm actually kind of glad that's not an option any more. Channel Awesome is something I'm not sure I'd want to be associated with now, anyway, even if it were still an option, considering the whole “Change the Channel” thing from a couple years back. I just wish I'd been able to save more of that work than I did, and that I was still planning my new stuff the way I was back then.

Maybe I can get back with that now that we're a couple years past all that. We'll see, I guess. Here's to a little luck on that front.

See you soon, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment