Monday, May 30, 2022

A Follow-Up To The Weather Channel Piece

So here's something I hadn't really expected to be doing.


Then again, I really hadn't thought to be doing even a brief piece on the Weather Channel to begin with.


Anyway, I was browsing YouTube after work the night I wrote this when I came across something I hadn't really expected: a live channel doing a weather feed that looked like what I remember the Weather Channel being back in the day. At first, I thought it was just another video about the dust storm that came through my area a couple weeks prior to this posting. It took me a bit to notice the little “live” bug on it. From what I can tell from the weather radio I have on my desk, the information seems relatively accurate, and in spite of being set for eastern time, it's being broadcast in real time. Even the music's what I remember from way back.


I'm gonna put the live stream here because it was still going as I wrote this, though I'm not sure how long it'll last:



I may come back later and update that if the thing ends while this is still near the top of my list.


But anyway, this is just a quick little update about a retro thing I'm glad to have come across. I liked having the music on in the background while I wrote this. Maybe it'll even get me moving on some more stuff like this.


Edit 6/01/22: Not long after this post went live, the feed got switched to Philadelphia, PA.  The basics of what I was saying above still hold, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment