Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Over The Hill...?

So I guess I'm finally old enough to get my first colonoscopy...


Yay me, I suppose.


From what I've been hearing from the medical professionals, 45 is the new 50, and I'm 45 now. I'm not sure what to think about that. I guess it's like I've been saying for awhile now, that I'm not young any more. Still, I'm not sure I'm ready to be at this point in my life, and it's not just because of my own age and health issues.


Losing my dad last month has really left me thinking about what I'm doing with my own life, especially since I may not have as much time left as I think. I know there are a few things I need to change if I want to be closer to right in how much time I think I've got left. That's what a lot of this doctor stuff is for.


This is things I've had on my mind for a couple years now, really, since my last surviving grandparent died in early 2020. It's just in a little sharper focus now, and I'm not really sure where to go with it all.


For now, though, the big thing is the colonoscopy. It's kind of what's on my mind right now. Probably won't say much else about it until after it's done, though. I've got other stuff to get sorted along the way as well.


Until later, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment