Thursday, November 24, 2022

Picture Post: Sheridan Lake Fishing Access

I've changed my plan for how I'm doing these this year, so this one's going to be separate from the other place I got pictures for.


The next one of these is likely to be long enough without combining, so I'll do this one separately.


These pictures are from the only full day we were out in the Hills when everybody was still even marginally well enough to do a little sightseeing. The one place we stopped that wasn't in town or the vacation home we were renting was the Sheridan Lake Fishing Access point.



It was certainly a nice day out. I'm glad we got out to look around a bit for several reasons. One is that I got to read the historical marker about the lake, which I don't remember having done before.



It tells us a little bit about the town of Sheridan, which got flooded to make the lake. It sounds like it was an interesting place.


Of course, my dad always did like to fish, so he went out on one of the docks to do just that for a minute. I'll get that picture up shortly, but before I do, here's a sign I don't remember having seen in the Hills before:



Maybe the big three invasive aquatic species have been a problem out there in years past, but I don't recall having seen these signs around out there. I suspect looking back at last year's posts might refresh my memory, however. Also, keep this in mind, I'll be bringing it up in the next post like this as well.


And to wrap things up, here's my dad with the little fish he caught while we were there.



I remember him being happy with it, and that makes me happy because the next day, he wasn't feeling well enough to do anything but have my mom bring him back home.


Kind of a bittersweet way to wrap this one up, but that's why I'm doing this one first.


See you soon, folks. Until next time, safe travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment