Tuesday, December 27, 2022

End Of One Year, Start Of Another

Well, it's about time I got on with this.


There's really no point in putting it off any longer.


Usually, I'd have things to say about the whole year, but 2022 had one big thing right near the end that makes remembering things much before the middle of September a little difficult.


That one big thing was my dad's passing in early October. Since I've talked about it a few times already, and I'm sure I will again at some point, all I'll say for now is that I'm going to miss him going forward. Otherwise, here's the link to the YouTube video I made about it about a month ago.


At the end of September, my family and I did our yearly trip to the Black Hills. It was fun while it lasted, but it got cut short for reasons mentioned above. I have three Picture Posts from that up, from Sheridan Lake, Badlands Natonal Park, and the stickers I came across on the way out. There's one more I have written that I still need to work on getting up as I write this.


The only other thing that really comes to mind about this year is the wild weather we've had. In the spring and summer, we had a pair of really big wind storms come through, in May and June, I believe.


The day I started working on this, we'd just come off a major multiple day storm with a good amount of snow and temperatures that were double digits below zero and wind chills in the -40 to -50 range. It'll be well into next year before we figure out just how bad that was for us. It really reminded me of my first year of college. Not a good time in that sense.


Given all that's happened this year, I'm going to have to give next year some thought. There's still quite a lot that needs to get sorted out here, and I'm going to need some time on that. As always, I'll more than likely make posts about all that as I get it figured out.


Until then, happy holidays, everybody. I hope you had a good 2022 and that 2023 will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment