Thursday, December 15, 2022

TEXT PLAY: Final Fantasy IX (PlayStation, 2000, Square-Enix): Issue #077: One Last Side Quest, Maybe

We'll have to see how all this goes, naturally.


I hadn't exactly intended to start a side quest when I sat down to play for a bit the night I started this one, but I broke things up a bit and took a look at Caves Of Narshe while I ate my dinner and checked out what I could do on Disk 4. Even then, it was still not my plan to start anything like this, but when I went back to the game, I kind of blundered into it. See, I'd gone to Daguerro to see if I could get any new weapons or armor for my crew while I was there, because CoN said that was a good place to look. After spending a good chunk of my gold on all that, I happened to stumble on the guy who starts the Excalibur side quest, which gets us the sword for Steiner. The dude in the town says he wants to see something called a Magical Fingertip.


Getting it's going to be a real trip, of course. Gotta buy a Rat's Tail, Une's Mirror, Doga's Artifact, and Gryphon's Heart. All these things come from the auction house in Treno, which means grinding for gold, which I guess is something I can't say I've got a problem with because I was going to grind for levels anyway. It's just that it's going to be a reail pain in the ass to do it all.


Once all that's done, there's like three guys in the Treno Synth Shop that I've gotta find because I can choose one to sell all that stuff to for a profit so I can buy the item the dude in Daguerro wanted. Once I get that, he'll give up the sword.


As I write this, I'm still debating how much of that I actually want to do. As I'm sure anybody who's been following this series specifically, and the blog in general, has noticed, my posting has been sporadic at best for quite some time. There are a few reasons for that, some of which I think I may have already talked about, and others I may yet get to, but it's all made for slower going than I'd like here. I'm still planning on finishing the game, or at least trying to. I'm just trying to decide how much effort I want to put into that.


For now, though, I'm just going to make a few shorter posts like this as a means of getting back into doing it more regulary again. Maybe not daily, but more regulary.


Anyway, until next time, stay safe, have fun, keep gaming, and DFTBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment