Thursday, April 13, 2023

Titles Are Hard

I must be getting a bit out of practice here.


Either that, or hot weather like we had the couple days before I wrote this are starting to affect me worse than I realize. Regardless, I had way too much trouble coming up with a good title for this post. One thing I sort of remember from newspaper school is that the best titles and headlines for this sort of thing are supposed to have something to do with what's actually in the article, and I just couldn't make it happen this time. At least it makes for a good lead-in to where I actually want to go with this.


Regular readers might remember that back in August, I said something about doing a YouTube video about the AP style guide I got back in college, going over some of the things I think I learned from it and the classes I was supposed to use it for. I think I'm finally in a place where I can make that happen. It's still going to be a little while, of course. I'm going to have to look through it again, if only to remind myself of where in the book the things I want to talk about are.


Since we're more or less halfway through April already, too, I figure it's about time I did something about how the year's going so far. As of this writing, I'm not sure if I'll do that as a video or as a written post like this one. I'm leaning towards doing it as a video at the moment, but that could change along the way.


I know I've been saying I want to get some of this done for awhile now, every time hoping it would be the one, and this one's no different. In this case, I at least have a hard copy of the post from August to work with, finally, so that's progress, anyway. With luck, I'll be able to get on with making it, and a few other things happen finally.


The idea here is that this post will be a way of starting a fire under myself so that I actually do make it happen. We'll see, of course.


And now that I'm in a place to end for now, I probably should so I can get some sleep and deal with some of it after work the day this goes up. See you soon, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment