Saturday, March 9, 2024

MiSTing: GOOD NEWS YOUR URGENT RESPONSE IS NEEDED

 Here's a quick "bandwidth waster" Mystery Science Theater thing I did recently, based on a piece of junk email I got towards the end of last year. Like I have my character say right at the start, there's not much to this, but it is good for filler, if nothing else.

And before we get to the actual thing, here's a link to a YouTube video with all the Brad quotes from Grand Theft Auto 3, for a bit of context.

++++++++ ===== +++++  =========  ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Title: GOOD NEWS YOUR URGENT RESPONSE IS NEEDED

Category: SPAM

Era: Nonstandard

MiSTing Author: Jesse Shearer (email: jmichaelshearer21@gmail.com )


[SCENE: Webcam view of Jesse's home office. JESSE is dressed as the Brad NPC from Grand Theft Auto 3 (blue checker pattern shirt, sunglasses)]


JESSE: [Brad, GTA3] My name is Jesse, but I guess you knew that. [normal] Well, maybe not. It's been awhile since I've done one of these. This is a shortie that showed up in my junk mail awhile back. Not much to it, but I thought it was funny, so I thought I'd have a go at it.


[scene shifts to standard MST3k view, with Jesse's silouhet in lower right corner]


>From: Douglas Frank


JESSE: Hi, Doug!


> <officeoffic44@gmail.com>
>Sent: Wednesday, November 1, 2023 1:47 AM


JESSE: Only five months old at this point...


>Subject: GOOD NEWS YOUR URGENT RESPONSE IS NEEDED


JESSE: That's good news?


>Dear,


JESSE: Is it?


>
>FOR YOUR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION:


JESSE: Well, if five months is immediate...


>
>I am counsel to the late Brad who died on the 20th of February 2018


JESSE: What, not the on-time Brad, who's still alive now?


>with his immediate family in a car accident. Before his death he had a deposit of over US$60,000, 000, 00 million


JESSE: [Slimer, Real Ghostbusters] That's a lot!


>in a bank which by law would revert to an established next of kin in the event of his death.


JESSE: Makes sense.


>I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin of the deceased seeing as you both bear the same >surname.


JESSE: Which is what, exactly?


>This gives you  right to claim the proceeds of this account and then we can both share it on agreed >terms. Reply if you wish to continue and also kindly send your number so we can discuss privately for >further deliberation.

JESSE: I'll pass, thanks.


>SEND YOUR REPLY TO  ( df1234k6@gmail.com )
>Respectfully,
>Douglas Frank


JESSE: I can think of a few disrespectful things to send Mr. Frank at that address, but I'll leave that to others.


[scene shifts back to webcam view]


JESSE: Like I said, not much to it. I just needed a quick space filler that wasn't me overthinking something. See you soon.


[outro: Harvey the Wonder Hamster by Weird Al Yankovic]


CREDITS

GTA 3: Rockstar Games

Real Ghostbusters: Columbia Pictures, DIC

Harvey the Wonder Hamster: Weird Al Yankovic


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So yeah, that's that for that, really. If anybody's interested in seeing what GTA3 is like and about, here's a link to a Let's Play by a dude called Seraph, who went by AppleGodZMG at the time.

See you soon, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment